Brooklyn Theft Crime Attorney
Rated 10.0 Superb by Avvo for Outstanding Legal Defense
In most theft cases, the prosecution must prove that the defendant intended to take the item. If you were charged with shoplifting or stealing from the company where you work, intent is a key element in the case. The key to fighting theft charges is to speak with an experienced Brooklyn theft crime attorney as soon as possible. At The Law Offices of Wilson Antonio LaFaurie, we know what it takes to protect your rights and help you get the best possible outcome for your situation.
Most theft crimes are charged as felonies, although some can be charged as misdemeanors. In either case, we are dedicated to protecting your rights, freedom, and future.
New York City Theft Charges Lawyer on Your Side
As a former assistant district attorney in Kings County and Brooklyn, Attorney Wilson LaFaurie used to prosecute theft cases. Now, as a defense attorney, he is fully committed to investigating your case, preparing for trial, and relentlessly fighting your charges.
We defend clients against all theft charges, including:
- Breaking and entering: Breaking and entering is a serious charge, and those accused could face significant criminal penalties.
- Embezzlement: If you have been accused of mishandling assets that were in your care, contact our law firm.
- Fraud: Known as "theft by deception," fraud represents a wide range of unlawful practices.
- Possession of stolen property: There are a number of effective defense strategies that can be used against possession of stolen property charges.
- Robbery, burglary, and larceny: If you are facing robbery, burglary or larceny charges, it is important that you work with a skilled criminal defense attorney.
- Shoplifting: A conviction for shoplifting can have long-term negative consequences, including a significantly increased difficulty in finding future employment.
Preparing an Effective Defense against Theft Charges
There are a number of possible defenses to theft charges. If, for example, the prosecution cannot prove that you willfully and intentionally took an object or money, you can avoid the serious penalties of a conviction. When you work with The Law Offices of Wilson Antonio LaFaurie, we will meet with you one-on-one to discuss your case and determine which defense strategy will best suit your unique circumstances.
We understand the legal issues at hand, as well as the strategy and tactics employed by the other side. Let us put this experience to work for you.
Call (718) 215-9182 now for your free initial consultation. Hablamos español.
I can honestly say if I had hired any another attorney I would not have had the same results.- Satchel
Wilson LaFaurie is especially knowledgable in DUI & DWI offenses- Attorney Izabel Garcia
His appearance in every way is wonderful in front of the jury.- Attorney Lisa Pelosi
His reassurance helped ease my anxiety.- Donna
He met and exceeded our expectations.- Felix
Not Guilty Driving While Intoxicated
Hung Jury; No Conviction Homicide/Murder Case
Straight Probation Robbery/Assault Case
No Charges Filed Perjury By Victim
Not Guilty Verdict On All Charges Driving While Intoxicated For The 3rd Time
Reduced to 1 Misdemeanor Charge Credit Card Fraud, Previously Convicted In Outside State
Dismissed Sexual Assault Charge
License Reinstated DWI Refusal Hearing
Full Driving Privileges Restored DWI Refusal Hearings
Dismissed DWI/DUI - Six Arrests