I am attorney Wilson LaFaurie, and I defend individuals and health care providers who have been charged with health care fraud. I have more than 17 years of experience in white collar criminal law.
Prior to becoming a Brooklyn health care fraud defense lawyer, I served as an Assistant District Attorney in Kings County and Brooklyn, so I have particular insight into how the prosecutor will likely build the case against you and how to defend you against such charges.
Please contact me, a Brooklyn health care fraud defense lawyer, today to schedule a free consultation.
Defending Individuals Accused of Medicare and Medicaid Fraud
In these challenging economic times, even people who are employed often find themselves facing serious financial difficulties. In such situations, many individuals are told they make too much money to receive Medicaid assistance — yet they can't pay their bills, and they resort to Medicaid fraud.
I represent clients throughout New York who are facing criminal charges for a wide variety of fraudulent claims, including:
- Claims for a nonexistent illness
- Claims involving faux neck pain, back pain
- Fraudulent injuries obtained in a staged car accident
- Claims for alcohol dependency treatment, therapy, home health care or other forms of treatment that never actually occurred
- Claims filed under false names or using false information
Defending Health Care Providers Against Fraud Charges
At times, a physician or health care provider may intentionally or unintentionally violate the highly complex Medicare and Medicaid program requirements, resulting in another form of fraud. My law firm defends physicians, dentists, hospitals and other health care providers against allegations of Medicare or Medicaid fraud, including:
- Phantom billing, or billing for medical services that were not performed
- Up-coding, or billing more for a service than it was worth
- Unbundling, or billing individually for services that should be combined
- Providing unnecessary services to a patient
- Billing more than once for the same medical service
- Billing at the rate of a brand-name drug for a generic drug
- Participating in bribery or kickbacks
- Embezzling funds or falsifying cost reports
Free Consultation With a New York Medicaid and Medicare Fraud Lawyer
Set up a free initial consultation with an aggressive and experienced New York white collar criminal defense lawyer by calling the Law Offices of Wilson A. LaFaurie at (718) 215-9182, or by filling out the contact form on this website. Credit cards are accepted. Se habla español.