Driving while intoxicated by alcohol or while your ability is impaired by drugs (DUI/DWI/DWAI) is a serious matter in New York. If you are convicted, you can face very significant penalties, including:
- The suspension of your driver's license
- The impounding of your vehicle by the New York Police Department (NYPD)
- Points and penalties from the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- Increased insurance rates
- A criminal conviction on your permanent record
- Required alcohol treatment programs and counseling
Facing DUI Charges? Here's How I Can Help.
As a Brooklyn DUI defense lawyer, I have represented more than 1,000 clients before supreme, criminal and local/town courts throughout the five boroughs and Long Island. I will fight to obtain the best possible resolution of your case, working to:
- Restore your driving privileges
- Achieve a noncriminal disposition
- Argue for the lowest fines applicable by law if not an outright dismissal
Due to the scientific nature of Breathalyzers, forensic investigators and specialized prosecutors, it is important to confront these charges with legal counsel who has an investigative background and a proven track record.
Dedicated Defense Against All DWI Charges
I provide a dedicated defense in license suspension hearings and all other drunk driving charges, from misdemeanors such as DWI and DWAI drugs to serious felonies such as vehicular manslaughter and repeat DWI. I will let you know what DWI penalties you may be facing and can provide effective representation in cases involving DWI car forfeiture.
New York law provides you with the opportunity to regain/restore your driving privileges. I will not allow this hearing to be waived. The stakes are too high, and the potential gain is too great. I will get to work immediately to ensure that you receive the strongest representation at your refusal hearing. You can rely on me to protect your rights.
New York Refusal Hearings
My experience and knowledge is particularly important in refusal hearings after a driver's license suspension. According to New York state vehicle and traffic law Section 1194(2)(C), you can pursue the restoration of your driving privileges if you act promptly and do not allow the hearing to be waived. I will immediately contact the NYPD, the DMV Traffic Bureau and the district attorney on your behalf. I will also diligently argue at the refusal hearing, if applicable, that:
- You were stopped without probable and reasonable cause.
- Law enforcement did not follow proper legal procedures during your arrest.
- The refusal warnings were not properly administered.
Call for a Free Consultation With a New York City DUI Defense Lawyer
A DUI conviction can have repercussions that may follow you for life. Protect yourself with experienced legal representation. Contact a Brooklyn drunk driving defense attorney online, or call 917-817-4142 to schedule a free initial consultation. Se habla español.